The Munster Region of Showjumping Ireland today confirmed that Connolly’s RED MILLS will continue their sponsorship of the Connolly’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix League for the eleventh year since its commencement in 2010.
The Connolly’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix League is an integral part of the showjumping season, filling a big gap between the 1.10m and the 1.50m/1.60m classes, it attracts a broad range of riders from both the professional ranks to the experienced amateur.
This year’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix League will consist of approximately fifteen 1.35m classes throughout the Munster region. The league kicks off in Tipperary Equestrian Centre on the 29th May.
Jane Davis, Equine Brand Manager, Connolly’s RED MILLS said; “It has been a year like no other and we are delighted to be looking ahead to the 2021 RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix league. Huge credit needs to go to SJI and the show organisers, who have pulled together to plan this league.
We are also delighted to bring our sister companies Foran Equine and Carr & Day & Martin to each of the legs where we will have some great prizes on offer.
At RED MILLS we put the horse at the centre of everything we do, and the Munster Grand Prix league enables us to highlight how impactful nutrition can be. RED MILLS, together with our sister brands Foran Equine and Carr & Day & Martin put the horse at the centre of everything we do. Our expert solutions are designed to nourish, support, and care for your horse.”
RED MILLS Rider & Munster Grand Prix League Winner, Francis Connors said; ‘I have had great success in the RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix League over the years. I managed to win the league back-to-back in 2017 with Capitol Cruis and 2018 with HVL Consun. It is a great building block for the young horses to provide a stepping stone to the next level of competition.
League Dates and Venues (More dates to be announced)
|29th May||Tipperary Equestrian Centre|
|13th June||Clare Equestrian Centre|
|20th June||Cork Show|
|4th July||Banner Equestrian Centre|
|10th July||Limerick Clare Ennis Show Grounds|
|1st August||Whites Cross|
Connolly’s Red Mill 1.35m Munster Grand Prix League 2021
- Leading Rider / Horse Combination – Prize €2000 – Prize to go to the RIDER
- Pro-am Prize €300 & special Award to Leading Pro-am Rider (Non-Professional) award
- Young Rider Prize €200 & Special Award to Leading Young Rider in the League
- Only one Grand Prix Class in the League in the Region on any one day.
- Prize Fund – A Minimum of €2000 per leg with Eight Prizes and Entry Fee of €35
- Prize Fund for the Final TBC
- Entries on SJI Live
- NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- We recommend there to be 14 fences.
- A rider may substitute a Horse with permission from the Ground Jury BUT cannot change a RIDER.
- Horses that are placed in any 1.50m competition or Premier Horse League are NOT eligible for League Point but may jump for prize money.
- All Leading Rider Awards will be based on the Rider/Horse Combination with the prize going to the Rider.
- To be ELIGIBLE for Leading Rider Prize, those in contention must compete in the Final
- In the case of equal points after the Final Leg the HIGHEST Placed Rider/Horse combination will be deemed the Leading Rider
- Points will be awarded as follows: 1st – 10pts, 2nd – 8pts, 3rd – 7pts, 4th – 6pts –5th – 5pts, 6th – 4pts, 7th – 3 pts and 8th – 2pts.
- Prize Money 1st to 8th Placing.
- Competitions must start on time and rider must adhere to times on SJI Live.
- We recommend you have four Judges and one to be Senior National level
- Final venue TBA
- League Table will be available on www.sji.ie, Munster website and on Facebook