Tipperary’s Seamus Hayes scored his sixth win in this years Connolly’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix league, at a very tough thirteenth round of the series at Scariff in Clare.
Hayes latest win came aboard his own gelding Twister in a competition which saw just four clear rounds making it into the jump-off. League leader Francis Connors was among the quartet who jumped clear in round one with Oilean Uno, but the Waterford rider picked up four faults against the clock to finish in fourth place at the finish.
Ethen Ahearne was one of three double clears with Billy Cevelle and finished in third, just behind Gabriel Slattery who took runner-up spot with Captains Magic Touch.
Seamus Hayes had a comfortable winning margin of over three seconds with the super quick Twister and his latest victory has saw him close the gap on Francis Connors at the top of the table, with Hayes now on 79 points, just four behind Connors ahead of the fourteenth round of the Connolly’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix league at Dualla Show in Tipperary Sunday.
Results – Full Result – Connolly’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix league – Round 13 Scariff Clare 30 August 2014
1. Seamus Hayes/Twister 0/0 32.86
2. Gabriel Slattery/Captains Magic Touch 0/0 36.12
3. Ethen Aherne/Billy Cevelle 0/0 36.94
4. Francis Connors/Oilean Uno 0/4 35.44
5. Tadgh Beecher/Loughnatousa Blakeney Crannagh 4/ 81.68
6. Francis Connors/Erne Ladygoldilocks 4/ 82.10
7. Ethen Aherne/Arbutus Ohio 5/ 86.25
8. Liam O Meara/Zamir 8/ 79.90.
4 Into Jump-off