Liam O’Meara collected the winners prize in the second round of the Connolly’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix league in Tralee, where for the first time in the five year history of the series, the competition was won without the need for a jump-off.
A rain-sodden Kingdom County Fair saw just two clear rounds over James Tarrant’s first round course – Liam O’Meara with Mr Coolcaum and David Moran with Derg Showtime.
In an unusual turn of events, David Moran withdrew from the second round jump-off, leaving Liam O’Meara and Mr Coolcaum as the winners and Moran with Derg Showtime as runners up. Liam O’Meara also filled third place, finishing as fastest of the first round four-faulters with Curraghgraigue Jack Take Flight – and incredibly he also finished in fourth place with Realt Na Carraig, who earlier in the day had won the FBD Speed Series.
Sharon Locke finished fifth when finishing with four jumping and one time fault aboard Sambucca Paris Diamond, while William McDonnell slotted into sixth with Pallas Big Diamond, completing the first round course with eight faults.
The Connolly’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix league moves to Aglish Gymkhana on Sunday, 17 May, where both horses and riders will be hoping for much improved weather.
Connolly’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix League – Kingdom County Fair 10 May 2015
1. Liam O’Meara/Mr Coolcaum 0/ 79.25
2. David Moran/Derg Showtime 0/ 89.09
3. Liam O’Meara/Curraghgraigue Jack Take Flight 4/ 72.33
4. Liam O’Meara/Realt na Carrig 4/ 79.73
5. Sharon Locke/Sambucca Paris Diamond 5/ 92.04
6. William McDonnell/Pallas Big diamond 8/ 84.38
7. Philip Horgan/G.V.D Mispelera 9/ 91.01
8. Rory Horgan/Ballyrudd Olympic Clover 9/ 91.64
2 Clear rounds