Tipperary’s Liam O’Meara claimed victory in the 11th round of the Connolly’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix League at Newcastle West in Limerick, coming out on top after a hugely competitive 13 horse jump-off against the clock.
O’Meara guided the Helen Sheridan-owned eight year-old gelding, Curraghgraigue Jack Take Fligh, to a double clear round in 38.17 seconds to take the top prize.
Waterford’s Francis Connors edged to the top of the league table with Capitol Cruis, when they finished as runners-up to add eight points to their league tally. Connors also filled third spot with Uskerty Diamond Lady, and finished fifth with Newmarket Clare Lady and seventh aboard Primo Troy.
Tralee’s Maura Counihan has been consistently among the prizes on the Munster circuit this season, and she finished fourth at the Limerick venue with Killerisk Minnie. All of the top seven jumped double clear rounds, including Christain Coyle and KBS July Johnson who came home in sixth, while Timmy Doyle claimed eighth spot with JS Bucks.
The Connolly’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix League now moves to Dungarvan Show for the 12th round of action on Thursday, 27 July..
Result – Connolly’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix League – Newcastle West Limerick 17 July 2016
1. Liam O’Meara/Curraghgraigue Jack Take Fligh 0/0 38.17
2. Francis Connors/Capital Cruis Francis Connors 0/0 38.80
3. Francis Connors/Uskerty Diamond Lady 0/0 39.29
4. Maura Counihan/Killerisk Minnie 0/0 39.40
5. Francis Connors/Newmarket Clare Lady 0/0 49.52
6. Christian Coyle/KBS July Johnson 0/0 51.45
7. Francis Connors/Primo Troy 0/0 52.42
8. Timmy Doyle/JS Bucks 0/4 39.25
13 into jump-off