Jockey Club Press Release – Connolly’s RED MILLS “Precision Nutrition” Hurdle Series
Connolly’s RED MILLS, one of Ireland’s oldest and most established animal feed companies, has today agreed to expand its sponsorship portfolio with the UK’s leading racecourse group by sponsoring the Hurdle category of The Jockey Club Grassroots Jumps Series.
Running alongside The Jockey Club Chase Series, the newly-named Connolly’s RED MILLS “Precision Nutrition” Hurdle Series will consist of 19 qualifiers spread across the 2014/2015 National Hunt season. Run exclusively at Jockey Club Racecourses nationwide, both the Chase and Hurdle Series will culminate in two £50,000 finals staged at Haydock Park on Saturday, 4 April 2015.
Jockey Club Racecourses’ new partnership with Connolly’s RED MILLS, whose sponsorship portfolio includes the Group 1 Cheveley Park Stakes run at Newmarket’s Rowley Mile racecourse, is an expansion on the animal feed company’s previous two-year ‘Bumper Challenge’ sponsorship across the racecourse group. Building on the success of its trainers’ prize for the Bumper Challenge, Connolly’s RED MILLS will introduce a trainer’s competition for the Hurdle Series, with points awarded to trainers with winning horses as well as horses placed 2nd, 3rd and 4th. The trainer who has accumulated the most points across the whole of the Hurdle Series will win two tons of horse feed.
The first qualifiers for the Connolly’s RED MILLS “Precision Nutrition” Hurdle Series and The Jockey Club Grassroots Chase Series will be run at Market Rasen on Thursday 20th November 2014. To be eligible to compete at the finals, horses must have run in at least one corresponding race, which will be clearly annotated in brackets after the race title.
Gareth Connolly, Sales & Marketing Director, Connolly’s RED MILLS, said:
The expansion of our support with Jockey Club Racecourses demonstrates our on-going commitment to all levels of British racing. We are really excited to sponsor the popular Connolly’s RED MILLS “Precision Nutrition” Hurdle Series for the forthcoming 2014/2015 season and would like to wish all participating connections good luck as well as thank them for their valued support.
Paul Fisher, Group Managing Director of Jockey Club Racecourses, said:
Connolly’s Red Mills has been a valued supporter of racing for many years and I’m delighted they’ve extended their partnership with us. The Series has proven popular with connections since its launch in 2011. It’s now an established initiative that offers a real boost to prize money at an important level of our sport. As the racecourse group investing the most back into British racing, Jockey Club Racecourses is grateful for the support of Connolly’s Red Mills and hope both the Chase and Hurdle Series once again prove popular with horsemen all around the country.
- 2011/2012 Betfair Chase Series Final – Sound Accord, Brian Ellison, Felix De Giles
- 2011/2012 Betfair Hurdle Series Final – Hada Men, Brian Ellison, Aidan Coleman
- 2012/2013 The Jockey Club Grassroots Hurdle Series Final – Fleet Dawn, Brian Ellison, Danny Cook
- 2012/2013 The Jockey Club Grassroots Chase Series Final – Noble Legend, Caroline Bailey, Andrew Thornton
- 2013/2014 The Jockey Club Grassroots Hurdle Series Final – Carlton Jack, Jonjo O’Neill, Maurice Linehan
- 2013/2014 The Jockey Club Grassroots Chase Series Final – Streams of Whiskey, Nicky Richards, Brian Harding
2014 races (2015 announced in due course)
Connolly’s RED MILLS “Precision Nutrition” Hurdle Series Qualifiers:
- 20/11/2014 – Market Rasen, 2m5f 0-120 Handicap Hurdle, Class 4
- 30/11/2014 – Carlisle, 2m3.5f 0-120 Amateur Riders Handicap Hurdle, Class 4
- 05/12/2014 – Sandown, 2m 0-120 Novice’s Handicap Hurdle, Class 4
- 18/12/2014 – Exeter, 2m1f 0-135 Handicap Hurdle, Class 3
- 26/12/2014 – Market Rasen, 2m3f 0-120 Handicap Hurdle, Class 4
- 26/12/2014 – Huntingdon, 2m5f 0 – 115 Handicap Hurdle, Class 4
- 30/12/2014 – Haydock, 2m4f 0-120 Fixed Brush Handicap Hurdle, Class 4
The Jockey Club Grassroots Chase Series Qualifiers:
- 20/11/2014 – Market Rasen, 2m6f 0-125 Handicap Chase, Class 3
- 24/11/2014 – Kempton, 2m4f 0-135 Handicap Chase, Class 3
- 04/12/2014 – Wincanton, 2m4f 0-115 Amateur Riders Handicap Chase, Class 3
- 11/12/2014 – Warwick, 2m4f 0-110 Handicap Chase, Class 4
- 12/12/2014 – Cheltenham, 2m5f 0-125 Conditional Jockeys Handicap Chase, Class 3
- 18/12/2014 – Exeter, 2m3f 0-120 Handicap Chase, Class 4
- 31/12/2014 – Warwick, 3m 0-120 Handicap Chase, Class 4