The Connolly’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix league and FBD Speed Series hosted a double bill of action at the weekend, at Scarriff in Clare on Saturday followed by Dualla in Tipperary on Sunday.
The Munster Grand Prix at Scariff saw Kilkenny junior rider Jack Ryan take the winners prize with Cavalier Teaca. The teenager has only recently returned from the Children On Horses European Championships and he beat off a challenge from a hugely experienced field to record a superb victory in Clare.
Waterford’s Francis Connors dominated the rest of the leaderboard, filling the next three places. Connors finished as runner-up with Capitol Cruise, while he finished third with Uskerty Diamond Lady, the mare with whom he leads the overall standings. Connors finished fourth with Corelli, while Alan O’Regan slotted into fifth place as the fastest four fault score of the jump-off with Electric feel, just ahead of Ethan Ahearne and Billy Cevelle in sixth.
FBD Speed Series
A junior rider also took the top prize in the FBD Speed Series at Scarriff, with Clare’s John Gallagher scoring a win with Vida Dancer H. Francis Connors finished as runner-up with Erne Luxette, while Liam O’Meara and Russel Style slotted into third. Francis Connors also filled fourth place with Argento Cruise, while Cliona Costello and Annsgrove Clover Count finished fifth, just ahead of Jenny Rankin and Kolinko Van De Witte Poort in sixth.
Hayes wins at Dualla
The Connolly’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix league moved to Dualla Tipperary on Sunday for the penultimate round of the series. Seamus Hayes and Twister were the only combination to break the 30 second barrier in the jump-off, taking victory after a double clear in 29.81 seconds. Francis Connors extended his lead at the top of the table when finishing as runner-up with Uskerty Diamond Lady. Nenagh’s Liam O’Meara finished third with Curraghgraigue Jack Take Fligh, while Peter Moloney and Arbutus Ohio came home in fourth position. Francis Connors took another slice of the prize fund in fifth place with Corelli, while Ethan Ahearne completed the top six aboard Billy Cevelle
FBD Speed Series Dualla
Dungarvan young rider Nicolas Connors captured the FBD Speed Series at Dualla, producing the fastest clear double clear round with Lantino 31. Darragh Ryan and The Dubliner took runner-up spot, just ahead of Paul Beecher and Danqu in third. Paddy O’Donnell and Kilfarissey Angel took fourth place with Seamus Hayes and Lux Like Jagger in fifth, while Darragh Ryan also took sixth place with Fuchsia Bloom.
The Connolly’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix league and FBD Speed Series finals will take place at Banteer Gymkhana on Sunday, 13 September.
Connolly’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix league, Scarriff Clare. Saturday, 29 August 2015
1. Jack Ryan/Cavalier Teaca Jacvkl 0/0 41.00
2. Francis Connors/Capitol Cruise 0/0 50.51
3. Francis Connors/Uskerty Diamond Lady 0/0 52.21
4. Francis Connors/Corelli 0/0 54.26
5. Alan O’Regan/Electric Feel 0/4 43.66
6. Ethan Ahearne/Billy Cevelle 0/4 46.95
F.B.D Speed Series Scarriff Clare Saturday, 29 August 2015 (faults and times not available)
1. John Gallagher/Vida Dancer H
2. Francis Connors/Erne Luxette
3. Liam O’Meara/Russel Style
4. Francis Connors/Argento Cruise
5. Cliona Costello/Annsgrove Clover Count
6. Jenny Rankin/ Kolinko Van De Witte Poort
Connolly’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix league, Dualla Tipperary. Sunday, 30 August 2015
1. Seamus Hayes/Twister 0/0 29.81
2. Francis Connors/Uskerty Diamond Lady 0/0 33.29
3. Liam O’Meara/ Curraghgraigue Jack Take Fligh 0/0 34.38
4. Peter Moloney/Arbutus Ohio 0/0 36.14
5. Francis Connors/Corelli 0/0 46.89
6. Ethan Ahearne/Billy Cevelle 0/4 33.15
FBD Speed Series Dualla Tipperary. Sunday, 30 August 2015
1. Nicolas Connors/Lantino 31 0/0 32.28
2. Darragh Ryan/The Dubliner 0/0 34.40
3. Paul Beecher/Danqu 0/0 35.50
4. Paddy O’Donnell/Kilfarissey Angel 0/0 38.45
5. Seamus Hayes/Lux Like Jagger 0/0 38.79
6. Darragh Ryan/Fuchsia Bloom 0/0 42.49